These family devotion books will help bring you and your family closer to God. Here is the master list if you’re looking for something fun, something short, or something that teaches core Biblical values:
It can be hard to find time to go deep with kids during busy seasons of life. One way I like to combat this is – when I have the kids all captive – to read books a dinner.
I will eat and then, just as the kids are amping up and making dinner chaotic…. I’ll grab a devotional.
Life get’s busy, but you don’t have to sacrifice family devotions. These family devotion books are great for cramped schedules or families on the go.
Read them at the dinner table. Or breakfast table.
Pull out these fun connecting questions to share some laughs with your precious ones!
Use them at:
- meal times
- car rides
- as a “calm down” trick
- for dinner time conversation
- or any time the day is getting chaotic or
- you need a reset to connect.
What's in this post...
All Time Classic/Favorite Family Devotions
These are highly rated and classic devotions.
- One Year of Dinner Devotions and Discussion Starters: This devotional offers 365 Opportunities to grow closer to each other and to God.
- The One Year Classic Family Devotions: This book includes weekly activities for the entire family designed to strengthen and deepen your relationships with God and each other.
- Kingdom Family Devotional: 52 Weeks of Growing Together: Monday-Friday dinner or bedtime devotions to build stronger relationships and a strong family.
- Grace for the Moment Family Devotional: 100 beautiful devotions for families to enjoy the grace of God.
- Undivided: A Family Devotional: Living FOR and Not Just WITH One Another: This 12 week devotional was written with the entire family in mind. It’s suitable for the youngest of age up to the oldest member.
- The One Year Love Language Mini Devotional: This devotional not only digs deep into God’s love for you, but helps you express love in meaningful ways to your family.
Want to help develop your child’s strengths Use these cards to dive into the character qualities and how your child does – and can in the future = exhibit them in their own life.Learn More
Fun/Humorous Devotions to Get Everyone Laughing
When devotions get a bit bland and kids are distracted, throw in some humor.
- Adventures in Odyssey- 90 Devotions for Kids: This book is full of fun, Biblical based devotions that encourage families to spend more time with God.
- The One Year Book of Josh McDowell’s Family Devotionals: This devotional deals with real or practical situations and how to apply scriptural teachings to real life.
- All Together: The Family Devotional: This book makes a 12 week series of bible stories come to life with devotions, humorous antidotes, and hands-on application of biblical principles.
- Sweet Tea Secrets from the Deep-Fried South: 50 unusual, but true faith filled stories from Jane Jenkins Herlong. These hilarious stories would be great for a mother-daughter devotional.
- The Very Best, Hands-On, Kinda Dangerous Family Devotions: The title says it all. One things for sure, the family won’t easily forget the time spent together.
- Together Time: Fun-Sized Devotions: These devotionals are just the right “bite size” for busy families who like to laugh together.
Family Devotions that Teach Core Family Values
These devotions are great to give your children an overall biblical worldview.
- Deep Roots: A Family Devotional: This devotional is for kids, teens, and parents to encourage prayer, faith, and family through Biblical teachings.
- 5 Minute Family Devotional: One Year of devotions for growing with God. This devotional provides consistency and guides through wisdom, encouragement, and Biblical inspiration.
- Max Lucado’s- You Can Count on God: 100 devotions of Biblical truth for children and families to study together.
- Jesus Calling- 365 Devotions for Kids: This bestseller is perfect for dinnertime devotionals with the family. They are short and sweet, but deliver great Biblical truths.
- The Family Bible Devotional: This devotional hold stories from the Bible that are great for families to study and learn together around the dinner table.
Check off critical household, social, and hygiene skills for your child so they’re prepared (not petrified) of growing up!
- Long Story Short: Ten-Minute Devotional to Draw Your Family to God: These short devotionals are designed to teach Biblical principles and truths to families with busty schedules.
- Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing: 101 Devotions about God’s Great Love for You: This devotional uses stories from the Bible and modern examples to express and teach God love for you and your family.