If you love children’s books for adults here’s an awesome list that you won’t be able to stop until you’ve read it all. They are heart warming.
“There was a boy called Eustance Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it… He didn’t call his Father and Mother “Father” and “Mother”, but Harold and Alberta. They were very up-to-date and advanced people.
They were vegetarians, non-smokers and teetotallers and wore a special kind of underclothes. In their house there was very little furniture and very few clothes on beds and the windows were always open.”
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, C.S. Lewis.
I love reading! I used to read a novel a week or more pre-motherhood. Though I don’t have time for that now, and Netflix has come on the scene, I still do love a good book. But one thing that bothers me about some novels is how explicit they are in nature.
Great Children’s Books For Adults
And while I like a good spy novel or mystery, I don’t like reading dark and heavy stuff before bedtime.
People like to make fun, but I genuinely love reading books for young adults or tweens! They are clean, wholesome, and often more witty than adult books are.
You know, because adult books just put an explicit scene and use swear words for entertainment.
So… if you’re looking for light-hearted, uplifting, and just plain good, here are my recommendations for “kid books” that are great for adults!
Calvin and Hobbes
the Tillerman Cycle
Anne of Green Gables
Little House on the Prairie
1. Little House in the Big Woods
2. Little House on the Prairie
3. On the Banks of Plum Creek
4. By the Shores of Silver Lake
5. The Long Winter
6. Little Town on the Prairie
7. These Happy Golden Years
8. The First Four Years
In Grandma’s Attic
1. In Grandma’s Attic
2. More Stories from Grandma’s Attic
3. Still More Stories from Grandma’s Attic
4. Treasures from Grandma
5. Away from Home
6. A School of Her Own
7. Wedding Bells Ahead
8. At Home in North Branch
9. New Faces, New Friends
10. Stories from the Growing Years
Chronicles of Narnia
If I’ve missed any that MUST BE on the list please leave a comment to spread the joy to others :)
- Her Mother’s Hope & Her Daughter’s Dream Book Review
- An Honest Review of Large Family Logistics
- Birth Order: Why You Are The Way You Are
- How to Be The Parent You Always Wanted To Be Book Review
- The 5 Love Languages Of Children Book Review
- Making Children Mind Without Losing Yours Book Review
- The Battle Hymn Of The Tiger Mom Book Review
- 7 Secrets Of Successful Families Book Review
- Nurture Shock Book Review
- Clutterfree With Kids Book Review
- A British Book List
- Books To Decompress A Stressed Mama
- The Selection Book Review
- 2 Books Moms Should Read Right Now
- A Yearly Reading Plan For Moms
New to this community? Start here, friend.