Hi there, I’m Rachel Norman, BA, MS, certified baby and toddler sleep consultant, routine connoisseur, parent coach, and mama to 5 precious kiddos.
At one point, I had 5 kids in 5 years and I lived to tell the tale.
Here is the truth of the matter…
Life doesn’t have to be total chaos just because you have little kids.
Sure, there are babies to feed, and diapers to change, and toddlers to cuddle and read to, and dinners to cook and, well, we haven’t even gotten into all the things you need to do for yourself to stay well.
Having been a mama myself to 5, helped thousands of mothers with sleep, and even more than that with their family routines… I want to encourage you, weary mama.
You can create simple sustainable family rhythms that help you enjoy your own life.
The majority of the articles on my website or the resources in my shop are aimed at helping you:
- Build a strong foundation of love and acceptance in your children
- Create a positive environment for your family with healthy boundaries
- Maintain mindsets that prevent overwhelm and mommy guilt
- Foster routines and habits that help your home run more smoothly
- Encourage healthy emotions in your children without constant tantrums and back talk
- Make time for your spiritual life, even when it seems impossible
You can be the mom you want to be, and I can show you how.
Imagine waking up in the morning knowing what to expect during the day. Having a nice time with your children and getting the things done that are on your list.
Not everything, but the big things. Imagine your children playing independently, taking naps, and helping you maintain the order in your home. It’s not a pipe dream.
New to this community? Check out my Getting Started Guide.
Rachel Norman, BA, MS, Language of Listening® parent coach, Infant & Child Sleep Consultant, and founder of A Mother Far From Home
In case you wanted to know a bit more about me personally, here is a random snapshot.
- I’m 5’10” and a natural redhead, and an only child.
- I had 5 babies in 5 years, no multiples. (Pros and cons of having babies close together and why having babies close together isn’t as hard as you think).
- Cancer survivor.
- I’ve written in one way or another since childhood and used to mail my BFF anonymous letters just for fun.
- I’m an ENTJ (enneagram 8) with introverted tendencies and am Type-A and write a lot about how your personality affects your parenting.
- I love dressing our family in coordinating outfits and practice minimalism in most aspects of our home where possible.
- I talk a lot, very fast, and expect everyone to keep up.
- I love old people and think kids should hang out with them.
Before becoming a mother I was independent, efficient, and confident and our days were pleasantly predictable and fun..
Then after only 9 months of marriage… we got pregnant.
It didn’t fit “the plan.”
All of a sudden, my entire life felt at the mercy of an infant who couldn’t even tell me what she wanted! I read everything I could get my hands on and talked to wiser older women with experience.
I put foundational habits into our home life and was amazed. Even after adding more and more children to the fold our family continued to thrive. Yours can too, and I can help.
If you’d like to receive weekly tools to help you take the chaos out of parenting, sign up below.
101+ 15 Minute Projects
In just 15 minutes a night (while you’re in your pajamas!) take your home (and heart and mind) from stressed out to organized.