All those hubbies who want to get practical Christmas presents for your wife… look no further.
I had a friend who got really mad at her husband one birthday.
He got her an ironing board.
Boy… she didn’t like it.
I remember sitting there going….
“But you constantly complained about your current ironing board and you needed a new one and he actually remembered that which is thoughtful… right?”
FOR HER, NO.
So if you are not the type to like practical gifts or useful type things… click away, click away, click away, click away.
However, if you are kinda practical and don’t mind a non-romantic Christmas gift… this may be for you.
You’ll Like These Gifts If:
- You like efficiency and minimizing stress in homemaking.
- You appreciate a gadget or two if it takes the stress off your shoulders.
- You pride yourself on being orderly (or you want to be more orderly and proud)
- You aren’t all that high maintenance (i.e. you aren’t expecting diamonds… but actually you could wear diamonds and use these😂)
If you are like the above… then here are some Christmas presents you’ll legitimately love. All Year Long.
Christmas Presents Moms Will Love
Okay I’m going to go down the list and name some of the best gifts or things I’ve bought in the past year or so that Are So Awesome and I think – if I do say so myself – you will love.
A Household Helper… Or Robot
If someone can give you the gift of a weekly (human) housekeeper, well, ASK FOR THAT, PLEASE.
If the budget won’t allow that, then these robotic vacuums are awesome. We named ours Robota. I have been known to say things to my little ones like, “Stop harrassing Robota!” and “Be nice to Robota, she’s the household servant I could not live without!”
A few notes…
- I have mine set to turn on at 9:00 a.m. every morning automatically whether we’re home or not.
- Full disclosure: ours does not find its way back to the charging port basically ever because our house is quite large. However, it’s not a big deal to just grab it where it dies (it sends a message to your phone or you hear it or the kids find it!) and put it back on the charger.
- Also, I don’t have a separate robot for upstairs (which some people recommend) because this isn’t Daddy Warbuck’s house, but you can easily tote it upstairs to do the job.
- This thing seriously cuts down on floor debris and is perfect if you aren’t super cluttery. It will get stuck on some things, so if your floors are always littered with things you might give it a miss.
An Electric Kettle
So not only does this work for hot chocolate, instant coffee and tea, etc. but it’s also great for grits, oatmeal, and anything else that needs super hot water fast. I use ours every.single.day and they are even pretty enough to sit on the counter. Sure, they’re not fancy, but they are fast hard-workers.
If you are a tea lover (but don’t want to make loose leaf all the time) this will be used a lot.
A Kid Food Mess Cleaner Upper
So this is like two awesome things in one: (1) a good cleaning tool and (2) so fun the kids will do it without any power struggles. I love anything that helps clean the house.
You keep one of these smaller spot vacuum cleaners near the kitchen or living room areas, and as part of your kid’s daily routine, have them pick up all the crumbs they dropped. Children love to climb under the tables here, so this is on my own personal Christmas list (a good one, all my previous cheap ones bit the dust).
Irons are seriously overrated. Who has time to take that tip into every nook and crevice in a button down shirt. NOT I and not you!
Actually, I haven’t even owned an iron in about 5 months and I am an Ironer. We got a steamer and haven’t looked back. It’s fast, easy, and doesn’t require you to put an ironing board (which we’ve already discussed is dangerous) up and down. It’s literally a thing now. If you want to experience the trend, get a steamer.
An Instant Pot
No matter what type of food you prefer to cook, you can use this. It is a one pot cooking apparatus which means Less Dishes which is a Win. You can use this for yogurt, eggs, and all types of other meals.
If you like a crock pot you’ll love this.
Stocking Stuffer Christmas Presents Moms Will Love
A Dinner Bell
Wha wha whaattt.
Y’all, that dinner bell ain’t no joke. I use it on two very clear and specific occasions:
- To call everyone to the table.
- When everyone at the dinner table is getting too rowdy.
They’re cute and Farmhouse-y and look good on the wall.
This Face Roller…
Okay so before you are like “way too woo woo,” this face roller (or whatever fancy name they want to give it) helped seriously reduce my forehead wrinkles. It feels good and is like a face massage. And it’ll fit in a stocking. And reduce fine lines and bags under eyes. So, yes, you will love it.
Small Beauty Kits
These are lovely to keep in one’s purse or diaper bag. They’ll fit right into the stocking and also work well for travel. It’s nice to have travel toiletries separate from normal ones so they can be packed easily.
A New Water Bottle
These are actually probably the exact size of her stocking so… if your wife loves water or is trying to drink more then get a pretty water bottle!
So there you go…
Here are some practical gifts that’ll keep on giving you assistance all year long. :)
New to this community? Start here, friend.