Here are a bunch of fun Christmas gifts for the whole family that everyone will use, love, and enjoy. These will be the gifts that keep giving all year.
We do Christmas gifts a little differently than most, perhaps. We do get kids their own gifts, but we spend the majority of the money on gifts they can all enjoy.
And, we don’t really get 5 of something (yes, I have 5 kids)… we get 1 or 2 and then we all share.
This makes for family togetherness.
I guess our family culture is one where we celebrate the “us” more than the “you.” At least, we try to find that balance.
Read: Christmas Eve Box Ideas: From Toddlers & Teenagers To Adults
Join me THIS WEEK in making lists of what to buy, checking them twice, and being donzo!
We Give Family Oriented Gifts
So after we give a gift or two to each child, we break out the joint gift or gifts.
Games we can all play outside.
Outdoor kid cars.
Games we can all play inside.
Years we didn’t have much money, we especially liked to do this because everyone still got things they loved, but we didn’t break the bank.
Read: 30+ Awesome Christmas Gifts For Grandparents
Christmas Gifts To Give To Other Families
If you have family friends that are near and dear to your heart, these are awesome great gifts you can give the whole family.
Instead of just an impersonal gift card (nothing wrong with those tho, #ammiright) you can give an entire family ONE gift they can all enjoy together.
So without further ado….
Christmas Gifts For The Whole Family Everyone Will Love!
So let’s divide this into sections.
- Gifts you can give entire families or that an entire family would enjoy.
- Outdoor gifts / games everyone can play/enjoy together.
- Larger items (and larger ticket items $$) for all the kids to share.
Christmas Gifts For Whole Families
These gifts are not super pricey, and can be given to whole families.
- For your family BFFs… those families you are always spending a lot of time with.
- For friends or people who have meant something to you this year, and you don’t want to give something too personal (or don’t know what to get!) so these are great options.
- Colleagues or bosses. You don’t really want to buy your boss a necklace, right, so this is a way of showing you care without crossing any professional lines. Of course, some of these are silly and very informal so.. know for whom you are buying a gift.
- Karaoke machine | Good fun for the family and friends
- Magnetic Dart Board | If you have littles and don’t want to risk pointy things, but want a good pub game to pull out in a bind… this is it.
- Doodle Dice
These gifts are especially relevant for fun loving families who are often playing games or having others over.
A super “sweet” family (from the salty and sweet comparison) may find these gifts to be too much, but you’ll know who they are a good fit for.
Here are some building toys that are great gifts for families with a few young children, where you don’t want to get individual gifts, but something they’ll all love.
- Magna Tiles Set
- Snap Circuits Jr.
- Straw Building Set
- Fat Brain Squigz Toys (hugely popular with therapists)
Outdoor Gifts & Games For The Whole Family
These games are awesome for barbecues, entertaining, and just family time together. Sometimes when the kids get noisy and my head is going to explode, I’ll say OUTSIDE!
These games are great stand bys and go tos.
Here are a few more.
Larger Items For All The Kids To Share
We like doing joint presents at Christmas, as I said, or on a theme. So maybe we get everyone bicycles or we get a trampoline.
A few years ago the men in our family stayed up until midnight putting together a trampoline – ha – and my husband got a forehead burn from flipping.
Lovely Christmas photos on Christmas morning!
Super successful gift, the kids loved it.
These are a bit pricey, but if you’ve saved for a larger ticket item then it might be appropriate. My husband has wanted this Virtual Reality thing for a really really long time and recently bought it.
The kids are obsessed!
I myself nearly threw up after doing it so, there you go, I’ll sit and watch.
In just 15 minutes a night (while you’re in your pajamas!) take your home (and heart and mind) from stressed out to organized.
Hah, thanks for the ideas, seems great! Are the checkers actually a great present for a 3 year old? Bought one, but my baby doesn’t seem interested.
Rachel Norman says
The huge checkers? Well I think they’re great as kids age. My little ones loves “pretending” to play games, ha!