These Christmas Eve box ideas will help you find ideas for your toddlers to teenagers to other adults. Enjoy this for years to come!
I’ve only recently heard of Christmas Eve boxes.
We love our Christmas Eve traditions around here, and we’re planning on adding this to the mix. Whether you do stocking stuffers and a Christmas Eve box or just a box, it’s all up to you.
Remember, these Christmas traditions are not to give you more to do… but to help you find meaningful traditions you can carry out that are life giving.
If you’re a gift giver and sentimental by nature… then you’ll absolutely love this.
In This Post...
Christmas Gift Buying List
Join me THIS WEEK in making lists of what to buy, checking them twice, and being donzo!
What goes in a Christmas Eve box?
Christmas Eve boxes are a fun way to incorporate the things your family loves into a memorable tradition.
A Christmas Eve box is box is not about spending a lot of money or buying the perfect gift… it’s about finding ways to connect as a family during this special season.
- Christmas Pajamas – Wearing special Christmas Pajamas is a fun way to include the whole family and make the night feel special for everyone.
- Family Games – This is a great choice if you’re family enjoys good sit down Family Games.
- Hot Chocolate – Drinking Hot Chocolate on Christmas Eve is sure to sweeten up any moment.
- Classic Christmas Movies– With this Classic Christmas Movies collection, you don’t just have to choose one to add to your Christmas Eve Box. This collection includes Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Cricket on the Hearth, The Little Drummer Boy, and Santa Cayuse is Coming to Town.
- A Christmas Story – For many, telling the story of Christmas is a wonderful way to spend family time together on Christmas Eve. Whether you’re reading about The First Christmas, enjoying Twas the Night Before Christmas, or looking at traditions of Christmas Around the World, you’re sure to enjoy spending it together!
Christmas Eve Box ideas for toddlers, preschoolers, & young kids
Adding a Christmas Eve Box tradition will spark toddlers, preschoolers, and young kid’s anticipation for Christmas and lead to some joyous moments.
Here is a list of some fantastic things to add to your box for this age group:
- Reindeer Food Mix- Reindeer Food is a cute idea that children of all ages adore. Not only is it a yummy snack, but it also sparks anticipation and can create fun actives for the kids to do together.
- Notecards for Santa- If your kids enjoy writing “thank you” or greeting cards, they will enjoy this activity. Get creative with this one. Provide some stationary or a Holiday Notecards…maybe even some Christmas Stickers for decoration.
- Christmas Jigsaw Puzzle– If your kids are like mine, they love working on a puzzle with the family! This 60-Piece Christmas Party Puzzle has large sized pieces and is a fun family scene around Christmas time.
- Inflatable Reindeer Toss Hat Game- I couldn’t pass up this one! I’m already hearing the laughter as we toss rings onto Inflatable Reindeer Head Gear!
- Slouch Slippers– An Amazon choice, Slouch Slippers come in cure designs! The choices are pink bear, brown bear, moose, unicorn, dinosaur, and raccoon! Kids will love these! Also, they are great for boy or girl!
50+ Life Skills Checklists (By Age!)
Kids (toddlers through elementary school) will learn everything from life management, social, survival, and hygiene skills PLUS MORE!
More ideas for toddlers, preschoolers, and young children…
- Build a Snow Globe Kit– These easy to assemble snow globes are the perfect activity for kids of all ages to do together- Build a Snow Globe Kit
- Fishing Game– When it comes to games that children love playing together, Let’s Go Fishing takes the cake!
- Jumbo Uno Card Game– I can’t think of an easier game for children of all ages to sit around that table and play together. This Jumbo Uno Card Game makes it especially easy with the giant sized cards.
- Christmas Rock Painting & Hide & Go Seek Kit- This activity is sure to spark one kids imagination. The Rock Painting Kit includes holiday themed ideas as well as 8 colors and everything you need to paint.
- Sugar Cookie Mix & Decorating Kit- This Sugar Cookie Kit is the easiest you’ll find! It includes the Christmas Cutters and frosting.
- House Shoes– My kids love wearing House Shoes around the house. These come in great designs for boy and girl!
- Santa’s Sleigh Board Game– If your family enjoys a good board game… Santa’s Sleigh would be a good addition to your box.
Christmas Eve Box ideas for teenagers
Christmas Eve Boxes should absolutely include your teenagers, if you’ve got them! Even though teenagers may act too cool for school, they still will look back on family traditions and sentimental gifts in a positive way.
As you probably know, teenagers can be quirky and difficult to please. Here is a list of some fun ideas to add to add to your box for this age group:
- Orville Redenbacher’s Movie Theater Popcorn – Almost nothing brings teenagers running to you like the smell of fresh baked Pop Corn.
- Slouchy Beanie– Especially if you life in colder areas, the Slouchy Beanie is sure to be a hit for your teenage children.
- Fruit Snacks– I don’t know a teenager that wouldn’t eat an entire box of Welch’s Fruit Snacks.
- Scratch Paper & Stylus- This Scratch Paper & Stylus comes with 50 pieces of rainbow paper and 5 stylus.
- Hanes Hooded Sweatshirt– This Hooded Sweatshirt is inexpensive and comes in lots of colors.
Christmas Eve Box ideas for adults
Couples and adults can also have fun and make a memorable tradition out the Christmas Eve Box idea!
It’s never too early or too late to make memories! Here are a few ideas on what to add to your Christmas Eve Box:
- The Max Lucado Christmas Collection- If you both like to read and study Christmas from a Biblical standpoint, The Max Lucado Christmas Collection would be a great activity for you to do on Christmas Eve.
- The Ultimate Game for Couples– The Game for Couples is a fun way to connect, have fun, and learn about each other.
- Favorite Candy and Drink– My husband loves cream soda and starbursts…I’m sure he would add chocolate for mine!
- Matching Fleece Pajamas- If you’re looking for simple designs, solids, or very Christmasy prints, these Fleece Pajamas are for you!
- Specialty Coffee or Apple Cider Mix- If you have a Keurig, the K Cup Christmas 12 Cups is good choice. Spied apple cider- Mountain Cider Spiced Apple Cider.
Family Culture Planning Pack
Strong and happy families have carefully crafted Family Cultures. They don’t let guilt drive them, rather they spend their time and energy digging deep into a few key family areas that pay off in spades.Learn More
Where to buy personalized Christmas Eve boxes
Purchasing a personalized Christmas Eve Box is a sure way to spark your families anticipation and joy in receiving!
They may be a bit of an investment up front, but you can use them year after year and keep to pass down to your kids.
- Wooden Box– Personalized Christmas Eve Box
- Box with Closing Lock- Engraved Wreath Pattern Box
- Crate Style Box– Wooden Christmas Box (Crate)
- Parcel Box with Handle- Personalized Parcel Box with Bow
- Cardboard/Printed Box- Personalized Cardboard Box
- Wooden Crate (Personalized) – On Etsy
- Classic engraved Wooden Top Box – On Etsy
DIY Christmas Eve box tutorials
If you have a large family and are on a smaller budget, try these DIY versions of the Christmas Eve Box. You can even include the family in designing the box for more family time and collaboration.
There’s no need to skip the Christmas eve box tradition because of budget constraints, simply get creative.
- Up-Cycle a Shoe Box– Decorate a shoe box with Christmas wrapping paper and ribbon/stickers.
- Letter Themed Christmas Eve Box- Instead of gifts, have your family write letters to each-other and include them in your box.
- Hat Box/Stationary Box– This video shows a cute box with a couple of unique unpacking ideas- DIY Christmas Eve Box
- More Ideas- This website showcases ideas such as patterned paper, toolboxes, and more- DIY Christmas Boxes
50+ Connection Questions
Pull out these fun questions to share some laughs with your precious ones. Use them out at meal times, car rides, or any time the day is getting chaotic and you need a reset to connect.
FAQs about Christmas Eve Boxes
No! You can make your own or even use something simple like a plastic container or a shoe box.
To boost Christmas excitement by providing opportunities for the family to enjoy time together (doing something they love). Also, to create lasting memories.
Cute pajamas, socks, a stuffed animal, rattles, pacifiers, or even a Baby’s First Christmas ornament.
No. Stocking stuffers are typically for one individual to enjoy or items for a person to fund useful. Christmas Eve Boxes contain items that the entire family, all the children, or a couple can enjoy together.
Many countries such as France and Germany open presents on Christmas Eve and so other European countries began to break the anticipation by opening some treats on Christmas Eve. This, coupled with the growing use of the Advent calendar probably boosted the Christmas Eve Box’s popularity around the world.