The weather is changing, leaves are falling, and it’s time to break out the basket of Fall books. Grab your kiddos, a warm blanket, and enjoy these cozy reads!
One thing I love to do is swap out seasonal books to keep them fresh.
There’s nothing like using books to help teach children various things and to use them as an opportunity for discussion. Reading to kids does a lot of things:
Baby Board Books for Autumn/Fall
Snuggle up with a warm blanket and these baby board books. There’s nothing quite like sing-song books with bright colors to bring you and your little one closer.
- Little Yellow Bee – Read about the Little Yellow Bee and other outside surprises with this flip-the-tab board book. Make it extra cozy with this SweetBee Teether Toy and a Lovely Plush Bee Security Blanket.
- Babies on the Farm & Babies in the Forrest – These board books are adorable little reads for your youngest children. Read about baby animals in their environments as you snuggle with your little one.
- Babies Love Friendship – If it’s bunnies in a field, bugs under rocks, or birds in the trees… make friends anywhere you go! Friendship is an adorable topic to read aloud with babies, especially if you’re reading about baby animals.
- I Love You Like No Other – I love reading animal pun books. And, this one is super cute!
- Babies Love Hugs – This heartwarming book highlights all the kinds of hugs used to express affection. From bear hugs to warm hugs, babies will love seeing their favorite animals including kittens, giraffes, monkeys, sloths, cheetahs, panda bears, and more.
- If Animals Kissed Goodnight – When my kids were babies, I would read this story and kiss the every which way… especially the sloth way!
- Goodnight, Gorilla – It’s hard to get cozy with all the zoo animals in your bedroom. Grab this one and snuggle up for a cozy read.
Learn how to avoid power struggles, constant stalling, drama filled evenings with our simple to implement bedtime routine strategies.Learn More
Toddler Books for Autumn/Fall
Toddlers love to cozy up on your lap with these fall books. Grab a fun read and find a cozy spot.
So, don’t forget to have a basket ready for all these amazing books you’re going to be reading your kiddos this Fall!
- Slumberkins Board Book Kits – I mean, it doesn’t get any snugglier than this. I absolutely love this idea! Each of these sets comes with a toddler animal book with matching stuffed animal. My favorites is the Narwal (I believe in You) and Yeti (Greets the World). There are 15 to choose from!
- Ten Little Fireflies – One of my favorite toddler coining books is perfect for cozy Fall snuggles. Roast marshmallows, watch the stars, and could down t o bedtime.
- In the Middle of Fall – Pumpkins, apples, falling leaves, busy squirrels, and the transformation of Fall is beautiful. You’ll also read about the first frost- perfect for snuggling up and reading together.
- The Pajama Zoo Parade – I love getting those warm PJ’s out during cooler weather. This adorable book is a fun read for mommies and toddlers.
- Hug a Sloth Book with Stuffie – Snuggle up and read all about this sloooooooow tree dwelling animal. Don’t forget to give him lots of hugs.
- Llama Llama Loves Camping – Nothing says cozy weather like a fun amping trip. Books like this one raise kid’s appreciation of the great outdoors.
- Honey Bear I’m Grateful for You – This book highlights positive affirmations. It reads about all the wonderful things a mommy has to be thankful for while reading to her toddler.
- Five Little Pumpkins – Your toddler will enjoy counting fun with these pumpkins. This sing-song book is perfect for Fall time snuggles.
Elementary Age Books for Autumn/Fall
Chaining leaves, the cozy smells of fall, and a good book to read with your elementary aged kids… this is how memories are made.
This is the perfect age for book reading, honestly. They can read on their own, but still want to read with you.
Try grabbing a special blanket (this one has 23 choices and sizes for kids) for each kid and picking a nice spot to snuggle up.
Let’s dive in.
- Love Around the World – This adorable children’s book tells how people in different cultures express love. It’s a great family read and perfect for cozy snuggles.
- A Place Called Home – Take a look at what homes look like around the world. It’s a heartfelt story of what families from around the world live like.
- Animal Championships – For your animal lover… it’s so neat to read about what amazing skills these animals have. This book makes for great cozy reading, but also for great discussions.
- Runski Punski and the Watermelon Shoes – In this story, Runski discovers a new type of footwear and her friends attempt to try it too. There are a few hick-ups along the way.
- The Perfect Pet – For some, the perfect pet is one you can snuggle… not one that is prickly like a cactus. This adorable story tells about how one child finds the perfect pet after all.
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie – This classic story has everyone giggling every time. I recommend grabbing the entire series and having handy on those snuggly reading nights.
- Corduroy – Even though this is a board book, my elementary aged kids still enjoy it. Corduroy is on quite the adventure until he finds his forever family. It’s such a sweet story!
- The Velveteen Rabbit – When sickness makes a young boy loose his favorite stuffed animal, something amazing happens. I have always loved snuggling up with my kiddos and reading this story.
Get my cheat sheets (newborn up to elementary aged kids) and find your family’s groove.
Use them for:
- nap times
- meal times
- chore times
- play times
- AND more!
Good Chapter Book Series for Cozy Reading
Here are some good chapter book reads for warm and cozy fall nights. Sometimes it breaks my heart when my older kids choose to read independently, but I’m also glad they enjoy it.
Now, never underestimate the power of reading aloud to your kids. Truly, it’s where memories are made! That being said… these series are greet “read alouds” for the entire family.
- The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls Series – This series highlights Bible stories and tells them in an interactive way. My kiddos love reading these short chapter books and could eat them up on a cozy Fall night.
- Sugar Creek Gang Book Series – Your kiddo will love reading about the adventures this group of boys gets into. This series is full of Fall time outdoor adventure and mystery.
- National Park Mystery Series – I love fiction books that also teach about wonderful places to visit. This mystery with hidden clues, adventures, and teamwork is sure to spark your kiddos imagination.
- Campground Kids Series – I have recently discovered this series for my 4th grader. It’s a fun and informative read about some of our nation’s greatest parks. It’s a great book for Fall time evenings and cozy family nights in.
- Lightkeepers Boys Series : Ten Boys – Each one of the books is a biography of a brave, strong, or courageous young boy. They are heartfelt stories of overcoming amazing obstacles and true faith in God.
- Lightkeepers Girls Series : Ten Girls – This biography set included ten unique stories of girls who exhibited great strength and bravery. Snuggle up and read aloud these amazing tales.