If you’re looking for a list of the best Christian parenting books out there, I’ve got a good list for you. These are the best books according to mom reviews.
When I was pregnant with my first child I was out of a job.
I had moved countries – from England to Scotland – and didn’t have much to do but read.
Books books books.
Truly, I read parenting book after parenting book. I prepared myself for what was to come so that I could – hopefully – be ready.
Ready to be a mom to a newborn.
Ready to be a mom to a toddler.
And ready to be a mom to a preschooler and on and on.
And, of course, never thinking we can attain some lofty ideal, but with the goal of being prepared and ready to be the best mom we can be.
Best Christian Parenting Books
To that end, here’s a list of some of the best Christian parenting books out there that we’ve found. Tried and true and tested by the reviews they have.
In just 15 minutes a night (while you’re in your pajamas!) take your home (and heart and mind) from stressed out to organized.
There are always new books coming out year after year, and this list reflects classics that have stood the test of time.
As always, if you’ve got one to add, please leave a comment! :)
General Discipline Books for Christian Moms
It’s easy enough to understand what the Bible says about our life.
It’s harder, however, to figure out how to apply some of those principles when our children misbehave.
Parenting Books for Toddlers and Preschoolers
Parenting toddlers is a fun time, don’t you agree? I mean I LOVE it.
Truly, if you struggle in these years with your identity, keeping the house under control, and finding a greater purpose, these books will help.
- The Christian Parenting Handbook: 50 Heart Based Strategies For All The Stages Of Your Child’s Life
- The Dr. James Dobson Parenting Collection
- Don’t Make Me Count To Three
- The Ministry Of Motherhood: Following Christ’s Example In Reaching The Hearts Of Our Children
Books about Raising Boys
While many might not agree that there are physiological differences between boys and girls, much research has been done and books written about the differences in raising boys vs. girls.
Here are some wildly popular books relating to raising little boys.
- Bringing Up Boys
- Boys Should Be Boys: 7 Secrets To Raising Healthy Sons
- Wild At Heart
- Wild Things: The Art Of Nurturing Boys
Books About Raising Girls
So, after the boy list it’s time to look at raising girls. The struggles young girls face are particular and unique and, I believe, it’s important as moms to help prepare them for what’s ahead.
These are some awesome Christian parenting books relating to raising girls.
- Bringing Up Girls
- Raising A Daughter After God’s Own Heart
- What A Girl Needs From Her Mom
- Six Ways To Keep The “Little” In Your Girl
Want to help develop your child’s strengths Use these cards to dive into the character qualities and how your child does – and can in the future = exhibit them in their own life.Learn More
Love and Logic Books
I am currently immersing myself in the Love and Logic approach. I believe it is a great parenting philosophy that will help raise children who are able to make good decisions on their own.
- Parenting With Love And Logic
- Love And Logic Magic For Early Childhood
- Parenting Teens With Love And Logic (Preparing Adolescents For Responsible Adulthood)
- Teaching With Love And Logic (Taking Control Of The Classroom)
Kevin Leman Books
I want to tell you right now that these books are hilarious. They are literally laughable.
If you get bored with parenting books then, rest assured, these will not bore you.
- Making Children Mind Without Losing Yours
- What A Difference A Mom Makes: The Imprint Moms Leave On Sons
- Be The Dad She Needs You To Be
- Planet Middle School
- Have A New Kid By Friday
- Have A New Teenager By Friday
Devotions for Moms
If you are a tired mom these are some books that are guaranteed to refresh, renew, and spur you on to continuing your own race, even when you feel like quitting.
- A Little God Time For Mothers: 365 Devotions
- Spilt Moms: Devotions For Moms
- Treasuring Christ When Your Hands Are Full
- Hope For The Weary Mom
Parenting Books for Fathers
It’s not only mothers who take their roles seriously, there are many dads who want books particular to their own position in the family.
Here are some highly rated books for fathers to read that will help spur their faith and equip their children.
- Better Dads, Stronger Sons
- Parenting Isn’t For Cowards
- Be The Dad She Needs You To Be
- 52 Things Kids Need From A Dad
Books for Single Moms
I was raised by a single mother and remember the challenges she faced. And I only saw it from my perspective.
Here are some books written for single moms by people who understand what you are going through.
- The Single Mom And Her Rollercoaster Emotions
- The Single Mom Devotion – 52 Devotions
- Single Moms Raising Sons
- Suddenly Single Mom – 52 Stories Of Hope, Grace, And Promise
Pull out these fun connecting questions to share some laughs with your precious ones!
Use them at:
- meal times
- car rides
- as a “calm down” trick
- for dinner time conversation
- or any time the day is getting chaotic or
- you need a reset to connect.
Books for Dealing With Grief
If you have lost a family member, gone through a divorce, or have a change in life that has created ripples of grief, here are some books to bring you home and encouragement.
It goes without saying, the Bible will be your biggest source of encouragement. However, these books will meet you where you are as well.
- A Grief Observed
- God’s Healing For Life’s Losses
- Walking With God Through Pain And Suffering
- Healing After Loss: Daily Meditations For Working Through Grief
It is my hope that this list has given you plenty of options to start from.
Book mark, pin, and save so you can be refreshed and renewed for years to come.