Dr. Leman’s book, “Making Children Mind Without Losing Yours” is a hilarious helpful book on family and discipline for kids.
This is an absolute must-read for parents looking to get their children to mind. It should be easy, huh? You say “no” they say “okay.” You say “clean your room” they say “should I vacuum too?” But, alas, in reality that is often not the case.
Your own discipline habits as well as the personalities of your children play a part in how orderly the house runs.
The main premise of this book is that we should use reality discipline to discipline our children. This concept basically says that we should let real consequences – reality – teach our children the lessons they need to know.
He touches on issues such as dinner in the evenings (a battlefield over eating in many homes), waking up without buckets of cold water splashed on the face in the morning, fighting between siblings, financial responsibility and so much more.
He’s funny. He’s obviously a loving father, but doesn’t hesitate to “pull the rug out from under” his children. He explains that concept in the book too, and I think it’s a pivotal every-parent-must-grasp concept.
In short, buy this book. Buy it for your friends who children are leading yours astray. Buy it for mothers whose children are no longer toddlers.
And make your husband read it. Or at least explain him the concepts. I love a good parenting strategy and this offers you one. One without having to engage in a battle-of-the-will with your little ones.
If you feel you’ve lost some authority in your home then this may very well help you get it back.
- Her Mother’s Hope & Her Daughter’s Dream Book Review
- An Honest Review of Large Family Logistics
- Birth Order: Why You Are The Way You Are
- How to Be The Parent You Always Wanted To Be Book Review
- The 5 Love Languages Of Children Book Review
- Making Children Mind Without Losing Yours Book Review
- The Battle Hymn Of The Tiger Mom Book Review
- 7 Secrets Of Successful Families Book Review
- Nurture Shock Book Review
- Clutterfree With Kids Book Review
- A British Book List
- Books To Decompress A Stressed Mama
- The Selection Book Review
- 2 Books Moms Should Read Right Now
- A Yearly Reading Plan For Moms
New to this community? Start here, friend.