Kids claim to be miserable on boring summer days. But, what if a few simple activities can help turn those days into days of adventure, contentment, and playful fun?
The kids are out of school, and now they are saying that they are bored. You can’t possibly plan out every second of every day… after all life must go on.
So what do you have planned on those “boring summer days?” Those days where you don’t really want your kids plugged into their devices all-day-long?
Well, I have just a few quick suggestions for you.
What's in this post...
Explore Through Reading On Hot Summer Days
Some kids enjoy reading, and others do not. But, that doesn’t mean you can’t make summer reading super fun! All year long they are assigned certain grade level books or topics.
In fact, summer reading is a time to explore, build interest, and enjoy it!
- Check out you local library for summer reading challenges and advantages.
- Build your child’s library with books that interest them (no matter the reading level).
- Try educational magazines or a book box subscription to spark interest.
- Rent some audio books on CD or though audible. Most public libraries now have online listening platforms.
- Spend at least 20 minutes a day in a quiet reading time… they will begin to love it and beg for more time.
Turn a boring summer day into a day full of adventures with reading.
Contribute to the Household
If you’re not careful… your kid’s summertime attitude can be totally self-gratifying. “Well, you live here too sweetie. Let’s see how we can contribute to the betterment of our household.”
In fact, Summertime is a time where kids can learn to be extremely helpful around the house.
And learn some life skills too!
Change a boring summer day into a day of contributing to the household.
Create summer rhythms that help you balance fun AND real life responsibilities, so you can make make memories with your kids.Learn More
Get Creative During The Summer
The school year is typically a busy time of year. But in summer, when academics are on hold… foster your children’s creative side. Furthermore, you never know what might take off and shine.
- Try music/dance/theatre/art lessons
- Purchase art supplies and give them space to explore
- There are many online options for tutoring/lessons in various skills.
It’s not a boring summer day if you’ve spent it engaging in an activity that you love.
Help prepare your kids for life, one skill at a time. Simple, easy skills every month!Learn More
Plan Some Kinesthetic Activities
Kinesthetic activities involve body movement and strategy. Furthermore, games and activities that are kinesthetic can really turn a boring day around.
Plan some hands-on things for kids to participate in.
- Riding a bike
- Doing puzzles
- Anything involving a sprinkler
- Backyard sports
- Hands-on science experiments
- Kid’s yoga or other gym activities
- Scavenger hunts
- Play with modeling clay
In conclusion, having kinesthetic activities for kids is a sure to way to shew the boring summer day blues away.