Got a super bossy child? Maybe your little one bosses around their siblings or others at school or socially? In this episode we’ll talk about the WHY (you’ll probably be surprised) this happens.
And I go into how to respond in a way that helps your child feel validated and less likely to be bossy in the future.
My new book is releasing soon!!!!!
If Mama Ain’t Happy
Neglecting your own physical, spiritual, mental, and emotional needs for so long―in an effort to be a selfless mother―leaves you depleted. Being well blesses your family! Learn WIN WIN strategies in my upcoming book!Learn More
Got a question you want featured on a podcast?
Highlights from the episode
- Kids aren’t always bossy to get “control”
- They need validation of the WHY behind it
- Our instinct to just step in and correct can be counter productive
- Get on your child’s side as to WHAT they want to accomplish by being bossy
Here are some other Language of Listening posts you will enjoy
- 4 Key Strategies For When Your Child’s Not Listening
- 5 Calm Responses for When Your Child Digs Their Heels In
- A Brilliant Tip for Moms Of Littles to Follow… The 10-Year-Rule
- Child Behavior Problems: A No-Drama Approach That Works
50+ Connection Questions
Pull out these fun connecting questions to share some laughs with your precious ones!
Use them at:
- meal times
- car rides
- as a “calm down” trick
- for dinner time conversation
- or any time the day is getting chaotic or
- you need a reset to connect.