Inside: Sometimes we can get so caught up in doing larger things we forget children just need the simple stuff. Here are 35 simple ways to really love your child.
These are things like providing a loving environment, cuddling, feeding, clothing, and giving shelter to your kids.
It’s a mother’s privilege to love and provide for their child, but often we can be so busy doing this we forget to show love in little ways.
Or, depending on our personalities, we can often get so busy showing love in these fundamental ways that we overlook the opportunities throughout the day to show love in simple ways.
In real tangible ways our children immediately respond to.
35 simple ways to love your child in the every day
- Give them hugs (and don’t let go too quickly.)
- Read them chapter books they can look forward to daily.
- Leave a note in their lunchbox.
- Give a kiss on the top of the head when you walk past.
- Notice something they’ve put effort into.
- Get eye level with your children when you’re speaking to them.
- Say “I love you.“
- Start and keep family traditions like movie night.
- Let small ones sit on your lap and rock.
- Hold hands.
- Give piggy back rides.
- Spending alone time with each child, even as short as 10 minutes will mean a lot.
- Display their artwork or writing for others to see.
- Give age appropriate privileges that show you trust them.
- Pray with them about their future.
- Look them in the eyes often and smile.
- Do simple activities with them like coloring, painting, or building Lego.
- Give them your undivided attention for a time, even if there are other things to be done.
- Have a fun time in the kitchen baking a cake, cupcakes, or cookies.
More ways to love your child without grand gestures
- Ask them something they’d like to do and then do it together.
- Put away your phone, tablet, and computer.
- Surprise them in little ways.
- Lay with them before bedtime and listen.
- Have a dress up dance party and act silly.
- Play board games together. Here’s a big list of family favorite board games.
- Remember special moments and then have family “inside jokes.”
These things show your child love as well
- Brush your little girl’s hair or twirl your boy’s hair.
- Have a “yes” day where you answer “yes” to all reasonable requests.
- Daydream and begin to plan a future family vacation or day trip.
- Share something unique you love about each child.
- Ask them something they are struggling with and brainstorm solutions together.
- Make their favorite meal.
- Leave a love note on their bedside table they can see when they wake up.
- Make them fun IOU’s with their favorite things to do.
- Praise your husband about their behavior in their presence.
It can seem overwhelming at times, the role of motherhood, but children truly respond to simple gestures done in love.
Let’s go forth today, mama, and love our little ones simply!