What an exciting time! You’re a new mom and you get to finally celebrate that holiday every mother looks forward to- Mother’s Day. How will it go for you and what will you do? I hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy every moment!
I’ll never forget my first mother’s day…
My daughter was only a few months old and I was so proud. She was perfect, I wasn’t crying myself to sleep every night, and I could fit into most of my clothes.
What mother could a first time mother ask for?
I wish, looking back, I’d have done a bit more for myself, but since I didn’t… I’m encouraging you to. As a mother of 5 (at one point I had 5 babies in 5 years) I know how special this time is.
True Joy (Joy that is Non-Negotiable)
“Look at that little bundle of joy!”
“There’s no joy like a new baby in the family.”
“What joy she must bring you!”
All things people say… and they are all true. Of course…
But let’s be honest, a new mother can sometimes feel
Do you forget to sleep, bathe, eat, relax, etc.? NO MORE. This tracker will help you consistently live within your limits so you have more love to give to your family.
If you don’t feel this way… awesome! But if you do, I want to take a few seconds to encourage you.
You do have joy… joy that doesn’t come from how you may “feel at that moment.” But a joy that can grow deep in your heart and overpower the circumstances that cause you to feel __________.
When you look into the bright/sleepy/tear-filled/giggly eyes of that new baby on Mother’s Day, let them pour some “non-negotiable” joy into you.
God has granted you the honor of raising this precious human being. He wants you to find joy (not based on happen-stance) in the simplicity of knowing that a baby is yours to love.
Neglecting your own physical, spiritual, mental, and emotional needs for so long―in an effort to be a selfless mother―leaves you depleted. Being well blesses your family! Learn WIN WIN strategies in my upcoming book!Learn More
It’s Time to Pamper Yourself
It’s your first Mother’s Day! Take it all in and spend some time pampering yourself…
What is it that you enjoy?
- A mani/pedi
- A trip to the salon
- Indulging in something sweet
- Some time to soak and relax
- A morning where you can sleep in
- Some uninterrupted time for a hobby
Don’t be afraid to express your needs, mama. You do everything for that little bundle of joy every day of the year.
And you will for the foreseeable future. So, pamper yourself in the moment.
Trying to work through some mindsets that hold you back? These cards will help you get focus on the right things.Learn More
Treat Yourself Because Why not!
Here are some “self gifts” that are prefect for a fist time mommy!
- Back/Neck Shoulder Massager – I know from experience that this neck massager is the best! It’s easy to use and works great. Worth the splurge for sure…
- Home is Where Mom Is Wall Hanging– Love looking at pictures of your sweet baby? This hanging sign features a place to hang some cute pictures and is sure to be cherished though the years.
- Body Restore CALM Shower Steamers– Shower steamers… have you tried them yet? Perfect for a quick reprieve.
- Tea Drops (Lightly Sweetened/Loosely Packed Tea Treats)– Perfect little escape if you like to get a “cup-a” and sit for a bit.
- Exfoliating Foot Peel Mask– Truly the beautiful thing about these is the wait. You’ll see what I mean when you try it. Something that forces you to slow down for a bit… ya know ;)
Treat Yourself with a Mother’s Day Devotional (to Use All Year Long)
Giving the time you need in prayer and devotion is a precious gift. I hope you find a mother’s devotion you will enjoy:
Grab this sample newborn routine, tweak it, and have calmer more peaceful and predictable newborn days.
Embrace the Little Moments on Your First Mother’s Day
The moments turn into days. Then, the days turn into weeks… And before you know it, you’re looking into the face of a ten year old. Ahh…
So, this year. It’s a precious time for you and baby. I pray you celebrate it and soak in EVERY. SINGLE. MOMENT.
You deserve it!
Happy First Mother’s Day!