If you feel you’re in a clothing or wardrobe slump, this is for you. Even if – ESPECIALLY IF – you are building a capsule wardrobe, this is key.
Not long ago I was on Instagram and saw a photo the Money Saving Mom posted. It was a link to some clothes then a description of how the course Dressing Your Truth® had ruined her for shopping. A big conversation started in the comments with others saying they loved it, how it had helped them feel good in their clothes and cut down their time being disappointed in the dressing room.
I checked it out, read the free ebook, signed up for the free videos, then knew I had to do the course. I wrote them and asked if I could give one away to you guys, too!!
It’s hard at first to say what the course is. It’s not just a color wheel, that tells you to dress in one season’s colors. It doesn’t give you a style you need to dress like, say, boho, but it is more a style guide based on your personality. And you know I love a good personality test!
My favorite parts about the Dressing Your Truth course:
- It confirmed what I’ve always felt, but thought was just my laziness: if the beauty routine or my hair requires too much maintenance it will simply not happen.
- I’ve always envied others who felt confident wearing necklaces, but on myself just felt they were too much. My beauty type looks great in chunky necklaces so I gave it a go – just needed the push – and I LOVE it.
- It helped me not feel too guilty for even further slimming down my closet to the clothes I really like and that look good on me.
- I feel more confident in accessorizing whereas before I always felt I had “too little” but didn’t know what to do.
- Instead of staring at rack after rack and all the options, I’m more quickly able to skim through, choose things that look good with my beauty type, and go from there.
- I felt more inspired and encouraged to look a bit nicer on most days. Not out of “should” or “guilt” but because it feels good and helps me to take my days more seriously.
I believe the four personalities from the course are based loosely on the four temperaments (phlegmatic, sanguine, choleric, and melancholic) but are called Beauty Types. The course leads you through questions about your personality and then you choose the type of beauty you believe you are.
This was easy for me because I’m Personality Test Queen, but I really enjoyed this process. I will say, some of their reasoning behind the types is a tad bizarre, but overall I think this course has really shaped the way I think about clothes.
What I really loved about this is that it’s not weight focused. It’s not about dressing in clothes that flatter your shape or size. It’s about dressing in clothes that reveal your personality. That make you feel like “you.” I have long known what style of clothes I like to wear, but not known what actually looks good on me.
I was initially worried that this course would say that my type of beauty (I’m Type 3SM, by the way) needed to dress in super trendy styles. I don’t like trendy stuff, I like timeless preppy stuff.
But that’s the beauty of this. It isn’t about your size or your fashion type (trendy, classic, ultra girly, etc.). It also doesn’t say that you need to wear a few colors. It’s more of a guideline you can use within any type of clothes to find those that’ll bring out your personality.
Since having done this I think about getting dressed in a new way. I’m more of a minimalist when it comes to clothing and if it’s too much effort I don’t want to stick with it. I’ve also got 4 kids at home all day, plus I’m nursing, so too much fuss isn’t going to happen. That said, it also makes me want to take that little bit of extra care when getting dressed so I don’t feel abandoned to spit up stains. Or embarrassed when people come over and see that I haven’t done the slightest thing to take care of myself.
What type of “beauty” are you?
If you are stressed, overwhelmed, or drained… you aren’t alone.
After hearing from thousands of mothers, I’ve narrowed down the Top 5 Biggest Stressors For Moms. Sign up below and I’ll send my FREE series straight to your inbox!
Click here and learn breakthrough strategies that’ll help you feel peace immediately.
New to this community? Start here, friend.