Inside: An honest Chatbooks review and a code to get your first book free.
A powerful surge of guilt.
That is what I felt every time I saw a coupon for Shutterfly.
You know, those fancy books.
I would think of that fancy DSLR I have sitting in my bedroom with photos on the memory card. I’d think about my cell phone with hundreds of photos of my children.
Then I’d think about the folder on my computer with thousands more pictures of my kids. All these beautiful memories…
Photos of children laughing.
Precious memories from our vacations.
Every day moments I’ll want to treasure forever…
I would immediately put “make a photo book” on the to do list and then, after a few weeks, cross it off.
It takes so flipping long and costs $50 a pop!
Or $35 if you have a coupon.
I absolutely love my children and could stare at their faces for days because I’m a sap, but I could not figure out this photo issue.
- It was difficult to be consistent with uploading photos to Shutterfly then creating a book then paying $50 for it and STILL ending up with hundreds of photos left out simply because there wasn’t room.
- It wasn’t like I thought about it all the time, but when I did… I felt guilt and sadness and a little bit of panic at the idea that we might somehow LOSE all these photos.
And then one day I saw it... a super funny video. A video about how we mothers have this problem with printing pictures and we have no time and don’t want to spend a fortune. It was a video for an app called Chatbooks.
What's in this post...
This app essentially takes the photos from your social media and photos you take with your phone, and puts them in an album. Once that album hits 60 photos, it’s ready to ship out. You have 3 days to edit, remove, etc. and then you receive your photo book in the mail.
The best thing….it only costs $8 every time it ships!
Code: Get $10 Credit On Your First Orders with The Code RACHEL10 Here!
What I Love About Chatbooks
The truth is, we now have a big huge pile of our Chatbooks… Every time we get one the whole family together or we have company staying for dinner, we flip through them. It’s always a good time of laughter and smiles.
Best of all… it’s super user friendly! Here’s how it works:
- Every time I take a photo on my phone I can give it permission to add that photo to my Chatbooks or skip it.
- I don’t have to come home from vacation and compile photos (or pretend I’m going to) and then make a book.
- I can just add the photos from the trip, edit them, and get the book sent to the door.
- If you don’t take 60 photos in a month you pay nothing. When you fill up that album you’ll get it shipped out.
- You can stop any time and there’s no contract.
It is seriously a great way to make sure all those photos get off your phone and get put into little albums you can keep forever!
Code: Get Your First Book Free Here!
Quality of Chatbooks Review
When I shared with some friends about getting Chatbooks the most frequent question that came up was about the quality. This makes sense. We care about our memories.
The books have thick pages and are matte photo paper. While they are not as good of quality as the Shutterfly photo books, they are good quality with the photos as bright as they were on camera.
And, if you’re getting photo books for the reason I am, then a bird in the hand is better than one in the bush. It’s better to have the books printed and in my home than hold out for a $50 book that I’ll never make.
These books come to me regularly and I love them…
Likewise, the kids love them! And… most importantly, I know that if my computer crashes or my phone dies that all my photos from the last 6 years of motherhood will not be lost!
If you are on the fence about whether you want books delivered automatically or want to spend time crafting your own, get your first book free here.
This video is too funny, right?