Are you on the hunt for some awesome reads for your kiddos? Look no further to find some of the best chapter book series for girls!
My oldest daughter loved books from when she was only a few months old.
She’d chew them, rub the pages, and clap clap clap while we read.
We read as part of our bedtime routine, during the day for fun, and before naps. She carried that love of reading with her to this day and can often be found reading chapter books.
Let’s take a look at some great chapter book series for girls…
The Boxcar Children
All it takes is a few moments into book one of this series for your heart to be captivated by this strong and brave group of children. Four siblings to be exact. It’s really a touching story. Oh, and by the way… there are 160 books in this series. So, you’re reader won’t be running out of material anytime soon.
- The Boxcar Children (Books 1-4)
- The Boxcar Children (Books 5-8)
- The Boxcar Children (Books 9-12)
- The Boxcar Children (Books 13-16)
- The Collector Set (with boxcar bookshelf)
Pull out these fun connecting questions to share some laughs with your precious ones!
Use them at:
- meal times
- car rides
- as a “calm down” trick
- for dinner time conversation
- or any time the day is getting chaotic or
- you need a reset to connect.
The Nancy Drew series is another great series for longevity. With 175 titles, it’s sure to entice any young avid reader. Each book tells another mystery that the daring Nancy Drew is able to solve with her whit and charm.
- Nancy Drew Box Set (1-10)
- Nancy Drew Box Set (11-20)
- Book 1- The Secret of the Old Clock
- Nancy Drew Diaries Supersleauth Collection
- The Nancy Drew Cookbook
Little House on the Prairie
These tales of survival and fortitude captivate and challenge young readers. Not only are the stories gripping and emotional, but there are so many survival and real-world skills discussed in this series. It’s an absolute must read for girls.
- Little House on the Prairie (Books 1-4)
- Little House on the Prairie (Books 1-9)
- Hardcover Complete Set of Little House on the Prairie
- Little House in the Big Woods Collectors Edition
- DVD Series Complete Set of Little House on the Prairie
Want to help develop your child’s strengths Use these cards to dive into the character qualities and how your child does – and can in the future = exhibit them in their own life.Learn More
The Chronicles of Narnia
You may have watched the movie, but nothing beats the thrilling story as told in the original text. I recommend starting with The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe first. Then, go back and read the origin story and sequels.
- The Chronicles of Narnia Complete Box Set
- The Chronicles of Narnia Illustrated Hardcover
- The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe
- The Chronicles of Narnia Songbook
- The Chronicles of Narnia Coloring Book
- The Chronicles of Narnia (Audio CDs)
Anne of Green Gables
The fiery read-headed orphan girl named Anne is what I consider to be a great role model for any young reader. At 11, her would is turned upside down. Yet, she rises above every obstacle with integrity and grace.
- Anne of Green Gables Complete Set
- Anne of Green Gables (Book 1)
- Anne of Avonlea (Book 2)
- Anne of the Island (Book 3)
- Anne of Green Gables Devotional (a chapter by chapter companion)
Junie B. Jones
Junie B. Jones is a great series if your young reader loves a funny story. There are laughs and giggles for days in the pages of the books.
- Junie B. Jones First Box Set (1-4)
- Junie B. Jones Second Box Set (5-8)
- Junie B. Jones Third Box Set (9-12)
- The 27 Book Box Set of Junie B. Jones
- Junie B. Jones First Grade Collection
- Junie B. Jones Bestest Box Set Ever
An American Girl Books
You may have seen or heard of the dolls… they are great! Find them Here. But, did you know that there are some amazing titles by An American Girl too? These are just a few:
- Friends: Making Them and Keeping Them
- Everything I Need to Know I Learned from American Girl
- Games and Giggles
- Oops: The Manners Guide for Girls
- Mini Mysteries
- The Feelings Books: The Care and Keeping of Your Emotions
- A Smart Girls Guide to Money
- Your Happiest You
- Friendship Troubles
Sometimes Judy Moody is just too much. She will have you rolling on the floor laughing with the situations she finds herself in. Pure entertainment!
- The Judy Moody Most Mood-Tastic Box Set Ever (1-12)
- Judy Moody was in a Mood (Book 1)
- Judy Moody Gets Famous (Book 2)
- Judy Moody Saves the World (Book 3)
- Judy Moody Star Studded Collection
- Judy Moody Es Detective (Spanish version)
Amelia Bedilia & Friends
Perfect for a young reader who likes short, fast paced, and funny stories. Also, just from my experience- there’s lots of idioms and figurative language used in these books that help with young reader’s vocabulary and comprehension.
- Amelia Bedilia Box Set (1-4)
- Amelia Bedilia Box Set (5-8)
- Amelia Bedilia 10 Book Box Set
- Amelia Bedilia Means Business
- Amelia Bedilia Road Trip
In just 15 minutes a night (while you’re in your pajamas!) take your home (and heart and mind) from stressed out to organized.
This girl has it going on. She’s an investigator, a hot head, and has lot’s to say. This series is interesting and hilarious at the same time.
- Nancy Clancy Series (Books 1-4)
- Nancy Clancy Series (Books 5-8)
- Fancy Nancy, Late Breaking News
- Fancy Nancy, Secret Admirer
- Fancy Nancy, Secret of the Silver Key
- Fancy Nancy, My Diary
- Nancy Clancy Coloring Book
- Fancy Nancy Doll & Fanciest Things Book Set