Awesome children’s books for adults. Post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
“There was a boy called Eustance Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it… He didn’t call his Father and Mother “Father” and “Mother”, but Harold and Alberta. They were very up-to-date and advanced people. They were vegetarians, non-smokers and teetotallers and wore a special kind of underclothes. In their house there was very little furniture and very few clothes on beds and the windows were always open.” The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, C.S. Lewis.
I love reading! I used to read a novel a week or more pre-motherhood. Though I don’t have time for that now, and Netflix has come on the scene, I still do love a good book. But one thing that bothers me about some novels is how explicit they are in nature. And while I like a good spy novel or mystery, I don’t like reading dark and heavy stuff before bedtime.
People like to make fun, but I genuinely love reading books for young adults or tweens! They are clean, wholesome, and often more witty than adult books are. You know, because adult books just put an explicit scene and use swear words for entertainment.
So… if you’re looking for light-hearted, uplifting, and just plain good, here are my recommendations for “kid books” that are great for adults!
Calvin and Hobbes
the Tillerman Cycle
Anne of Green Gables
Little House on the Prairie
1. Little House in the Big Woods
2. Little House on the Prairie
3. On the Banks of Plum Creek
4. By the Shores of Silver Lake
5. The Long Winter
6. Little Town on the Prairie
7. These Happy Golden Years
8. The First Four Years
In Grandma’s Attic
1. In Grandma’s Attic
2. More Stories from Grandma’s Attic
3. Still More Stories from Grandma’s Attic
4. Treasures from Grandma
5. Away from Home
6. A School of Her Own
7. Wedding Bells Ahead
8. At Home in North Branch
9. New Faces, New Friends
10. Stories from the Growing Years
Chronicles of Narnia
If I’ve missed any that MUST BE on the list please leave a comment to spread the joy to others :)
I’ve created a free email series just for you! I believe just because you have kids doesn’t mean your life turns to chaos. Sure, things can get crazy at times, but you can raise children who are confident, kind, fun-loving, and who… best of all… listen when you speak. After this free series:
- you’ll have a connection with your kids that fuels peace
- your days flow smoother and the kids make transitions without fuss
- consequences will no longer be a mystery or a struggle
- the kids will actually help out around the home
- you’ll have mastered the #1 way to take your home from chaos to peace
Click here to sign up for my free email series or simply click on the image below.
New to this community? Start here, friend.