Walkabout (syn) stroll, perambulation. Let’s walkabout, shall we?
(1) Learning Activity with kids. Wheatgrass in Painted Pots is an activity that includes some painting and some learning about plants. Best of all, wheatgrass only takes a few days to grow so it’s perfect for those kids who lose interest quickly. We’ll be trying this soon.
(2) Praying for your Children. An interesting article called How to Pray for your Prodigal written by a Christian woman whose daughter is indeed a famous “prodigal.” Katy Perry. Are any of your children “rebelling” from the way you’ve raised them? How are you handling it emotionally?
(3) Cute Kid Slippers. Fall and winter are coming here in Australia (please stop going on about how excited you are for summer, my fellow Americans) and my husband says we have to get these house shoes for our kids. I am so down. I’m hoping the extra warmth on their feet will stop us from having another winter full of one virus after another. We all know how I feel about that. How do you keep your kids from getting sick all winter?
(4) Inspiring Reading. A dear friend’s sister is a missionary with her husband and 5 kids and a bun in the oven – wow, what a woman – in Ethiopia. He’s a doctor and works in a hospital there and the stories she tells are pretty much enough to clear out your nasal cavity and make you so thankful – SO THANKFUL – for the “little” things. Like antibiotics. Seeing patients on the verge of death who would have been cured in a few days in the West, adopting, homeschooling, and testimonies of answered prayers and miracles are just everyday fare for Team Ayer. Anybody up for a good sob?
(5) Good Kid Books. A friend has recommended Harry MacLarey books to me, and I’m anxious to read them. Have you ever read them? What did you think? Any other good kid books you can recommend?